Every crafter realizes the importance of using the right kind of glue for successfully completing their projects.
It is essential to add the right glues into your crafting arsenal, or you risk your beautiful creations falling apart at the seams. You need to invest in quality adhesives that promise top-notch results in your art and craft projects.
So, what are the best heat-resistant glues? The best heat-resistant adhesives have been formulated to resist higher temperatures of over 572°F (300°C), while the regular ones can withstand just 150ºF (70°C). Beyond that temperature, the adhesives will soften and lose their ability to form a strong bond for the purpose they are being used.
In this guide, you will learn to choose the right heat resistant glue for your art and craft project based on certain parameters that will make skimming through options easier.
Heat Resistant Glues – What to Look For
Believe it or not, when looking for a heat-resistant glue, heat resistance isn’t the only criteria that you should consider before you make a purchase, though it is the primary one on the list. Here are a few more things to think about before you decide which glue will suit your needs best.
1. Resistance to Temperature Extremes
High-temperature resistance implies the ability of the adhesive to resist breakdown at higher temperatures.
If you are using a glue in an application where it would be subjected to high temperatures, then you need to first look into its suitability in your project. You need to check what temperature range it can resist without losing its properties.
The best heat-resistant adhesives have been formulated to resist higher temperatures of over 572°F (300°C), while the regular ones can withstand just 150ºF (70°C). Beyond that temperature, the adhesives will soften and lose their ability to form a strong bond for the purpose they are being used.
Ethyl-based cyanoacrylates cannot resist heat over 179°F (82ºC), whereas organic adhesives such as acrylates, epoxy, and cyanoacrylates can withstand temperatures up to 572°F (300ºC).
2. Bonding Time
The quicker the glue dries, the faster you can get back to your work. Hence, check the time taken by a heat-resistant glue to adhere to the surface.
You need to check how viscous the glue is. Thicker glues are ideal for vertical applications as there is no dripping involved.
Some heat-resistant glues can be painted over, sanded, and even drilled into upon curing. You can look into workability depending upon the application for which you would be using these adhesives.
5. Shock and Impact Resistance
You need to look into shock and impact resistance if you want the glue to retain a strong bond even when subjected to high heat. For instance, if you want your grill to remain intact after having used glue to secure its parts, then you do need to check the shock and impact resistance of the glue.
The 7 Best Heat Resistant Glues
Using quality heat-resistant glues will give you the freedom of using any product you are repairing without fear. You can find the right glue for your project by looking into certain parameters as mentioned in the previous section. Check out our top 7 picks from below.
|1.||J-B Weld Professional Epoxy Twin Pack||High heat-resistance and tensile strength|
|2.||Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive||All-weather, extra tough, waterproof|
|3.||Loctite Ultra Gel Super Glue||Shock-resistant, dries clear, side-squeeze|
|4.||Loctite Stik n’ Seal Extreme Conditions Adhesive||Flex-proof, outdoor and indoor use|
|6.||Krazy Glue Maximum Bond Super Glue||Shock-resistant, no-run, quick setting|
|7.||Elmer's China and Glass Cement||Clear, dishwasher-safe, glass and china safe|
1. J-B Weld Professional Epoxy Twin Pack
This original two-part epoxy system provides lasting and strong repairs to multiple metal surfaces, including metal.
It has been fixed at ratio of 1:1 and forms a permanent bond that you can drill, sand, file, tap, and shape after curing.
This adhesive sets in 4-6 hours at room temperature to a dark grey color. A full cure can be reached within 15-24 hours.
It has high tensile strength and forms a hard and secure bond overnight. It can withstand extremely high temperatures of up to 550ºF once it has been fully cured.
- Ideal for household repairs, for plumbing, crafts, marine, automotive repairs, and more
- Can be used on metal, fiberglass, concrete, brick, and more surfaces
- Can withstand 550ºF
- Is compatible with tile, fiberglass, ceramic, concrete, wood, PVC, plastic, metal, and other surfaces
- Suitable for repairs and uses at home
- Comes in 5 oz tubes
- Provides long-lasting repairs over multiple surfaces
- Creates stronger bond than steel
- Takes 4-6 hours to set and 15-24 hours to cure
- Can be sanded, tapped, molded, filled, and drilled upon curing
- The color after the adhesive cures is dark grey
- Dependable and versatile adhesive
- Resistant to acids, chemicals and is waterproof once it is fully cured
- Can be used with tiles, fiberglass, ceramic, concrete, wood, PVC, plastic, and metals
- Heavy-duty epoxy and adhesives repair
- Delivers superior performance and quality
- The tube dispenser is quite fragile
2. Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive
This heavy-duty adhesive is all-weather, versatile and one of the toughest options available. The formula is long-lasting, unlike other construction adhesives.
The best thing about this product is that it is durable and comes with a 100% waterproof formula that can bond virtually anything including marble, foam board, landscaping, drywall, tile, trim, mirrors, subfloor, and more.
You can also use it in your arts and crafts projects. You just need to make sure that the surface over which you are using it is free of dirt and clean.
It can bond to any surface within 20-30 seconds. Heavy items may require some support while using this adhesive. It would be best to give the product 24 hours to cure.
- Versatile, strong, and durable adhesive
- Bonds virtually everything
- Suitable for building and home improvement projects
- Has quick grab and holds in 30 seconds
- All-weather formula and suitable for both outdoor and indoor use
- VOC compliant
- 100% adhesive
- Low odor formula
- Can bond any surface including marble, foam board, landscaping, drywall, trim, mirrors, and more
- Dries super quick and hence you need to be careful or wear gloves while using this adhesive to avoid gluing your fingers
3. Loctite Ultra Gel Super Glue
This ultra-gel has been formulated with a rubber-infused formula to resist impact and jarring. This instant adhesive can withstand vibration, shock, impact, and temperature extremes.
It is also resistant to freezing and moisture temperatures. This gel is suitable for use on a variety of surfaces.
The best thing about this gel is that it is resistant to freezing and humidity. This implies that you can use this freely for that massive Lego structure of yours that would be placed in a garden as an exhibit.
It is ideal for bonds subject to both harsh conditions and daily use. You can conveniently use it on plastics, paper, leather, wood, ceramic, rubber, metal, and more.
This durable super glue gives you the time to align your pieces perfectly before it takes hold. It sets without clamping and dries clear. Loctite is a reputable brand and offers advanced sealing and adhesive solutions.
This specially formulated glue comes with a patented side-squeeze design for air-tight storage and maximum control.
The gel formula of this adhesive ensures that it stays where applied and there is no dripping and running involved. It is resistant to moisture and possesses an uncompromising level of innovation and quality.
- Formulated with rubber-infused formula
- Can resist impact and jarring
- Instant adhesive can withstand temperature extremes, impact, shock, and vibration
- Resistant to humidity and freezing
- Suitable for use on a variety of surfaces
- Rubber toughened formula
- Can be used on plastics, paper, leather, wood, ceramics, rubber, metal, and more
- Sets without clamping and dries clear
- Comes in a patented, size-squeeze design for airtight storage and maximum control
- There is a slight issue with the dispenser and it gets harder to squeeze the adhesive out
4. Loctite Stik n’ Seal Extreme Conditions Adhesive
This adhesive is a product of innovation and technology and delivers flawless results. Loctite has been offering advanced sealing and adhesive solutions for over 50 years.
Loctite Stik n’ Seal Extreme Conditions Adhesive consists of the revolutionary new Flextec formulation. This allows it to bond more surfaces in comparison to regular household adhesives.
This versatile, heat-resistant adhesive can bond, seal, and repair almost all materials. It is suitable for bonds subject to extreme or harsh conditions where constant flexing is the main issue.
It can be conveniently used for both outdoor and indoor applications and has superior adhesion. It cures quickly and has a high initial grab.
Loctite Stik n’ Seal Extreme Conditions adhesive has excellent resistance to weathering, ozone, moisture, vibration, and temperature extremes. The product is an outcome of innovation and a strong commitment to research.
- Flextec formulation bonds more surfaces than ordinary household adhesives
- Bonds wet surfaces
- The final bond can withstand extreme weather conditions
- Bond is safe and inert once it has completely dried
- Suitable for both outdoor and indoor applications
- Low odor
- Can be used for sealing or repairing cars, boats, gaskets, appliances, toys, vents, windows, door frames, and more
- Is also great for crafts and hobbies
- Can bond mirror, glass, fabric, leather, wood, stone, plastics, and metallic surfaces
- Doesn’t run and works perfectly
- The applicator design is not quite convenient
5. Design Engineering High-Temperature Spray Adhesive
This spray adhesive provides adhesion of superior strength and can bond over a wide variety of materials including fabrics, foams, trims, and more. It comes with a three-way adjustable valve that allows the users to select the spray pattern that suits the job best.
This spray dries quickly and clear, forming a water-resistant bond. It has exceptional heat resistance to up to 160ºF.
This spray adhesive provides high strength adhesion for arts and crafts projects or repairs across your home. The applications of this adhesive spray are simply endless.
- Comes in a 10 oz can
- Has high-temperature resistance to up to 160ºF
- High bonding strength for many materials
- 3-way adjustable spray valve
- Offers high strength adhesion
- Bonds to a variety of surfaces and forms a secure water-tight bond
- Can be used with fabrics, foams, trims, metals, and over different kinds of plastics
- Dries clear and quickly
- Forms a water-resistant bond
- The fumes smell strong
6. Krazy Glue Maximum Bond Super Glue
This no-run gel is suitable for the heaviest repairs. Its maximum strength formula provides a durable, shock-resistant bond that can withstand changes in temperature and impact. It is simply perfect for big jobs and for bonding the everyday objects that get a lot of use.
This ultra-thick gel wouldn’t leave a drippy mess while in use. It can be used on mismatched and vertical surfaces and works best on porous surfaces such as pottery or ceramics.
It can also lock objects made from vinyl, rubber, metal, plastic, and more. The extended tip can reach tight spaces. You can depend on this super glue for tough jobs.
This adhesive sets fast and delivers a shock-resistant, durable bond. This no-run gel formula is ultra-thick and avoids a drippy mess. It is great for vertical applications and for use on mismatched surfaces. This adhesive has been designed to withstand impact and changes in temperature.
You can use it on everyday objects and for big jobs. The extended tip helps you reach into tight spaces for distributing the glue.
- Adhesive promises maximum strength
- Forms a durable and shock-resistant bond
- Great for mismatched or vertical surfaces
- No-run gel
- Can bond to a variety of porous and non-porous surfaces including vinyl, porcelain, rubber, metal, plastics, and ceramics
- Comes with an extended tip for tight spaces
- The maximum strength formula sets quickly
- Deliver shock-resistant, durable bond
- Can withstand impact and changes in temperature
- The seal of the cap is hard to break
7. Elmer’s China and Glass Cement
This adhesive comes in a 1 oz packaging and creates a non-toxic, strong, clear bond and is suitable for both outdoor and indoor use.
You can use it on glass, china clay, pottery, ceramics, and over other surfaces. It is even dishwasher-safe and, of course, can withstand high temperatures.
The best thing about Elmer’s China and Glass cement is that it sets within a minute, making it easier to repair multi-piece objects.
It takes 2-3 days to reach its full strength. You need to clean off the excess adhesive with a clean cloth while it is still wet. You can use it on fish tanks, plastics toys, lawn furniture, and any other application you can think of.
Whether you accidentally broke your coffee cup or your favorite wine glass, this adhesive will breathe life back into it. You can clean them conveniently in a dishwasher.
The adhesive can hold strongly despite repeated washes. There is no discoloration or any other undesirable effect noticed while using adhesive for everyday applications.
This adhesive is a great product if you know how to use it properly. The brand is respected and provides a hassle-free way of bonding surfaces. If you want desirable results, then you need to make sure that the surface is dry and free from any residue.
If you fail to do so, then the product will not be able to cure within 3-7 days. Upon fixing, the joints are hardly visible and quite strong.
- Non-toxic glue
- Adheres to ceramics, glass pottery, and china
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Holds objects without any discoloration
- Creates a strong clear bond
- Can withstand high temperature
- Easy to use
- Comes in a convenient packaging
- The object needs to be secured in its position for a while before the adhesive bonds
Heat resistant glues can be used in numerous applications that provide a strong bond, capable of withstanding extremely high-temperature fluctuations without giving way. We have reviewed the best options available in the market that will help you find the most suitable adhesive for your requirements.