Crafting Perler beads is a fun experience and it inspires creativity both in children as well as in individuals who use them either for fun or for craftwork. Perler beads can be strung into necklaces, assembled for making decors and can be woven into chains.
Perler beads are great for teaching children about colors, doing basic counting, and developing hand-eye coordination skills. They will sit on pegboards for hours to create amazing patterns. If you are excited about making Perler bead designs and you aren’t sure which iron to use, then this post will assist you in the process.
So what is the best iron for Perler beads? The best iron for Perler beads is one with an optional steam setting because too much steam can warp the design. We recommend the Steamfast Mini Steam Iron because it has a dry iron function and is the perfect size for most Perler bead projects.
In this guide, we will show you our 5 favorite irons for Perler beads and teach you how to use them.
Getting Started With Ironing Perler Beads
Below are the best practices for ironing Perler beads. These tips will help you successfully iron your Perler bead project each and every time.
Following a few simple steps will make your Perler beads project a success. Here’s how to iron Perler beads:
- Press Lightly – You have to lightly press your iron onto your project in order to fuse the beads. Apply steady, gentle pressure in order for the beads to melt seamlessly.
- Don’t Press For Too Long – Ironing too much or at a high setting will melt your beads more than what you intend.
The 5 Best Irons For Perler Beads
We have reviewed the best irons available in the market. You can study their features and weigh their pros and cons to make a smart choice.
|1.||Steamfast SF-717 Mini Iron||3 temperature settings, dual-voltage system|
|2.||Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot Compact Iron||Non-stick soleplate, dual-voltage system|
|3.||Mueller Professional Grade Iron||Stainless steel soleplate, ergonomic handle|
|4.||Oliso M2 Mini Iron||Compact with precision tip, dual-voltage system|
|5.||Black+Decker Professional Iron||3-way auto shut-off feature, stainless steel soleplate|
Note: Most of these irons are marketed as steam irons, but don’t let the names fool you! All of the irons on this list are capable of being used as dry irons, so you don’t need to worry about the steam affecting your Perler bead project as long as you make sure you’re using the dry iron function.
1. Steamfast SF-717 Mini Iron
This mini iron has mighty abilities and will make your Perler beads project a massive success.
You can use it for your regular craftwork and you can also carry it while being on travel. SF-717 is strong enough for everyday use at home. It is ideal for quick touch-ups.
SF-717 comes in a convenient travel bag that features dual voltage for overseas travel. This product has been built to perform and last for a longer time.
The water tank has a capacity of 1.4 ounces and heats up in about 15 seconds. There are three temperature settings and 1-touch steam control. You can use the iron as per the suitability of your project.
It comes with an anti-slip handle that promises an improved grip. The 7.5-foot cord promises easy reachability for users.
- Equipped with 3 temperature settings and 1-touch steam control
- 7.5-foot power cord ensures easier reachability
- Comes with a travel bag and plastic measuring cup for added convenience
- Dual voltage convenience for overseas travelers
- Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty
- Quick heat-up time of 15 seconds
- The anti-slip handle provides a secure grip
- Built to meet US voltage requirements and may not function when used in conjunction with external devices altering or converting voltage
2. Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot Compact Iron
This portable compact iron offers a dual voltage (240/120V) option to the users. It is perfect for your craft project and is portable.
If you had been looking for a separate iron for your craftwork, then you should consider this reliable model.
It features a non-stick soleplate that glides easily over the clothes.
There is a light indicator to alert you when the iron is hot and ready to use. Variable temperature settings offered in this iron offer flexibility to you to use it for various craft projects.
- Dual voltage system
- Non-stick soleplate
- Releases a shot of steam for instant wrinkle and creases removal from a fabric
- Light indicator to let you know when the iron is hot
- Variable temperature controls for flexibility
- Soft-touch handle for extra comfort while handling
- Well-built and is super-fast
- Quick and easy usage
- Doesn’t come with an ON/OFF switch
3. Mueller Professional Grade Iron
Mueller’s steam iron delivers outstanding value to the users. It has impressive features and capabilities and would be a good choice for your Perler beads project.
The enhanced features include ergonomic controls and sharper precision tip.
Apart from modernized design, this premium steam iron has been enhanced for maximum control.
The stainless steel soleplate glides effortlessly over the fabrics, iron paper, and over your Perler beads patterns. It is suitable for use even on the most delicate fabrics.
The design comes with a retractable cord for easy storage. The 8-foot retractable cord winds up quickly with just the touch of a button.
The precise control allows you to leave the iron in face-down positions and prevents scorching and burning of fabrics or the cover of your iron board.
- Quicker heating as it takes less than a minute to attain the max temperature
- Quicker in comparison to most of the traditional irons
- Comes with a stainless steel soleplate
- Can be left face down and won’t burn your fabric or iron board
- Glides effortlessly over fabrics
- Suitable for even the most delicate fabrics
- A retractable cord of 8 ft. winds up quickly with just the touch of a button
- Precise control and superior quality
- It is quite heavy and creaky
4. Oliso M2 Mini Iron
This compact and lightweight mini project iron is suitable for your Perler beads craftwork. It has the power of a full-sized iron but yet features a compact design.
It just takes 45 seconds to attain its highest setting. You can place it right next to your sewing machine or other craft supplies.
You can easily switch from 120v to 240v with this iron which makes it convenient for travel use.
The pivot cord allows both left and right-handed use and will ensure that the cord is out of your way while you are melting the Perler beads with your children on the pegboard.
You can leave the iron in a face-down position without scorching or burning the fabrics or the ironing board. The diamond-coated ceramic soleplate maintains even heat throughout.
This iron offers the users a fabric selector option and is backed by a 3-year warranty by the makers.
- Mini iron with the power of a full-sized iron
- The fabric selected and one-touch steam control
- Diamond-coated ceramic soleplate
- Pivot cord and dual voltage setting
- Glides smoothly over any surface
- Precision tip reaches hard to reach places quite conveniently
- Ideal for corners and tight spots
- Perfect for travel and storage
- Wouldn’t burn or scorch your fabric
- Produce light steam
- Handle tends to get hot on the high temperature setting
5. Black+Decker Professional Iron
This steam iron features a stainless steel soleplate and is heavy-duty and durable. You can quickly glide it over Perler beads for use in a craft project.
The auto-clean system of this iron ensures peak performance of this ironing device by flushing out mineral deposits.
This iron has been engineered in a fashion to prevent dripping of water, which is great when using it in the dry iron setting.
The variable steam and temperature control ensure added convenience to the users.
The 3-way auto shut off feature offers peace of mind to the users. This iron automatically powers down when left inactive for 30 seconds on the side or on the soleplate. The power light will blink to indicate to you that it can go into shutoff mode.
The users can customize the settings independently according to the suitability of their project. The soleplate material delivers high resistance and durability and is resistant to scratching for the long-term.
You can customize the settings independently. This 10-foot long pivoting cord further adds to the convenience.
- Anti-drip feature
- Iron engineered to prevent dripping
- Variable temperature and steam controls
- Customize settings independently for versatility
- The 3-way auto shut-off feature offers peace of mind to the users
- Stainless steel durable soleplate
- Smoothly glides over surfaces and resists scratching
- Variable temperature and steam controls
- 10-foot long cord for convenience
- Auto-cleaning system
- Delivers professional results to the crafters
- Temperature knob is present in an inconvenient location
Up Next: How To Make A Kandi Mask