Fragrance forms the essence of scented soy candles. If you want your soy candles to be the best scented one, then you will have to choose from different fragrances. It is crucial to buy the right fragrance oil if you don’t want your candle to burn poorly.
While making candles, the wax is melted to a specific temperature and it is during this point, fragrance oil is added to it. The melted wax and fragrance oil blend together and are cooled down to a specific pour temperature before pouring into molds.
As soy wax is softer in comparison to paraffin wax, it bonds well with fragrance oils. This implies that you will smell the same fragrance form first burn till the last.
Not all fragrance oils work well with all kinds of wax, however. It is essential to mix the right oils with the right kind of wax.
So what are the best fragrance oils to use in soy candles? The best fragrance oils for soy candles are specially-made fragrance oils for candles and essential oils. If you are opting for lighter scents, you may need to add a bit more of the oil to get a stronger scent. You can make fragrance oils more potent by mixing in essential oils.
We have listed fragrance oils from different companies. You can choose one according to the suitability of your project.
Best Fragrance Oils For Soy Candles
Half the point of using a candle these days is the lovely scent you can get out of it, so you’ll definitely want to choose the right fragrance oil for home-made goodies.
That’s why we’ve researched and found our top 5 fragrance oils for soy candles:
|1.||P&J Trading Spice Fragrance Oils||Fall scents/spices (6)|
|2.||Eternal Essence Fragrance Oil||Coconut Cream|
|3.||Yankee Candle Home Fragrance Oil||Pink Sands (floral/citrus)|
|4.||Good Essential Fragrance Oil Set||Holiday Desserts (10)|
|5.||Barnhouse Blue Premium Fragrance Oil||Sweet Pea|
We also have a full review of each so you can be sure to pick the best one for your needs. So read on and happy sniffing!
1. P&J Trading Spice Premium Grade Fragrance Oils
P&J is renowned for offering premium grade fragrance oil that has been sourced and manufactured in the USA. The company offers an extensive collection of fragrances that are highly concentrated with enhanced formulations.
The best thing about P&J fragrance oils is that these are cruelty-free and also free from phthalates. These are simply perfect for crafting purposes and you can use them in your DIY formulations without any apprehensions.
The premium fragrances are available in three sizes: 10ml, 30 ml, and 100ml. The 10 ml fragrance bottles are quite convenient to use and come in elegant packaging. This P&J would also make a perfect gift for wedding showers, holidays, and other occasions.
This set comprises of six premium grade fragrances: Cinnamon, Apple Cider, Coffee Cake, Harvest Spice, Pumpkin Pie, and Gingerbread. These bottles come with an easy dispensing dropper. These vibrant and warm fragrance oils are highly concentrated and have been designed by the master perfumer of the company.
It works well with soy waxes, soap bases, unscented incense cones or sticks, hair care, and body care formulations, homemade cleaning products, aroma diffusers, and more. The company has over 30 years’ experience in the industry and the master perfumer has been certified by the IFRA.
If you are looking for a perfect grade fragrance oil set for your DIY candle making project, then you won’t be disappointed with this one. Get the perfect candle dye to go with it and you’ll have the perfect hand-made gifts ready to go!
- The set comprises of 6 fragrances: Harvest Spice, Cinnamon, Coffee Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Ginger Bread, and Apple Cider
- Six warm and premium fragrant oils
- Highly concentrated and enhanced formulations
- Can be used for soy candles, soap bases, haircare, and body care formulations
- Smells great and works perfectly in a diffuser
- The packaging is sleek and well-protected
- The smell remains strong in the soy candles
- Easy to work with
- Comes in beautiful gift packaging and would make a great gift for crafters
- The candle burns well with these fragrance oils
- Set is high-quality, but you may pay a premium price for premium quality.
2. Eternal Essence Oils Coconut Cream Fragrance Oil
Eternal Essence Oils is a reputed company offering quality products for years. They do thorough research on every product that they launch in the market.
This coconut cream fragrance oil has been made with the finest products and by a team of talented perfumers.
The makers have ensured that this fragrance oil meets all the regulatory requirements. If you are looking for a quality scent to blend with your soy wax for making a candle, then this fragrance oil will not disappoint you. It smells heavenly and will let your candle burn flawlessly.
This oil can also be used while formulating soaps, creams, motions, hair care products, cleaning products, diffusers, and more. All the fragrance oils offered by the company are long-lasting, complex, and rich.
- Premium grade fragrance oil crafted to be suitable for creating your own soaps, candles, skin and hair care formulations, cleaning products and more
- Personalize your fragrance oil
- Comes in a 30ml amber glass bottle with a tamper-evident ring
- Comes with a euro style dropper
- Are for external use only
- Easy dispensing with the dropper
- Smells sweet, creamy and delicious
- Has nuance of peach, cinnamon, and sweet burnt sugar
- The idea for use in DIY soy candle making project
- Fragrance may subside with time.
3. Yankee Candle Home Fragrance Oil
This fragrance oil smells heavenly and is one of the purest and most concentrated candle fragrances you can ever find.
Using this in a diffuser can scent the entire room in a couple of minutes, so it stands to reason that using this for your home-made soy candles will work sweet-smelling wonders, too!
If you have a thing for sweet florals, spicy vanilla, and bright citrus, then you will certainly love using this fragrance oil in your candle making project. It sets the right mood and just a little amount of it is sufficient to accomplish your task.
Despite being slightly pricey, this fragrance oil is a premium product. It will remind you of a tropical beach and blends well with melted wax. It is quite easy to work with and hence, preferred by many crafters.
- Has heavenly smell
- Purest and most concentrated candle fragrances
- Can be used in a diffuser
- Has fragrance notes of bright citrus, spicy vanilla, and sweet florals
- Ideal for use with soy wax
- Quality product
- Easy to work with
- Is quite strong; a small amount is plenty to set the right fragrance to your DIY candle making project
- Doesn’t produce much mist in a diffuser, but this is shouldn’t be an issue for candles.
4. Good Essential Holiday Desserts Essential Fragrance Oil Set
This pack of 10-holiday dessert scents would be a treat for anybody who is fond of sugary snacks.
The scents included in the set are Brown Sugar, Snickerdoodle, Candy Cane, Cinnamon, Ginger Bread, Pumpkin Pie, Hot Chocolate, Red Cherry, Peppermint and Apple Cinnamon.
This fragrance oil set is perfect for aromatherapy and for use in DIY projects. These oils are simple to use. All you need to do is pour a few drops in your diffuser or in your melted candle wax.
It is perfect for use in homemade lotions, baths, candle wax, soy wax, perfumes, soap base, body care products, incense sticks, and more. This premium quality oil has been bottled in the USA and the scent in each bottle is simply amazing.
If you are not satisfied with the product, then you can contact the manufacturers for a replacement or a full refund.
- Pack of 10 premium holiday desserts scent
- Perfect for aromatherapy and for use in DIY projects
- Simple to use
- A full refund or a replacement offered by the manufacturers over this product
- Comes in beautiful packaging
- Makes a great gift idea
- Few drops are enough to scent an entire room
- Can be used in lotions, candles, soap bases, art and crafts project and more
- Premium quality oil
- Bottled in the USA
- Scents tend to be on the lighter side.
5. Barnhouse Blue SweetPea Premium Fragrance Oil
This fresh, fragrance oil has the smell of Sweet Pea flowers. The top notes are fresh, floral scents.
The heart notes are of carnation, gardenia, and rose. The fragrance is completed by mild musk and violet.
This oil comes packaged in a 30ml amber glass bottle. It has an evident ring and euro style dropper. This makes it convenient to dispense a small amount of fragrance oil whenever needed. The company has strived to offer the highest quality oil.
You can use this fragrance oil in a diffuser, for hair and skin care formulations, for making soaps, soy wax candles, gel candles, and for other applications. Whatever you choose, though, we’re sure it will smell simply perfect!
- Comes in 30 ml amber glass bottle
- Tamper evident ring
- Euro style dropper makes it evident to dispense oil
- Premium quality product
- Can be used for several applications
- Has fresh floral notes
- Comes in convenient packaging
- The product adheres to stringent quality standards
- Ideal for DIY soy wax candle
- Doesn’t smell great when put in a diffusers, but not an issue for soy candles.
Do These Fragrance Oils Dry Out the Skin?
You should never use fragrance oils directly on the skin. You need to mix them in moisturizer, oil, or body butter. Mixing with a moisturizing agent will ensure that your skin doesn’t dry out.
Can These Oils Be Used in Making Lip Balm?
These oils impart an aroma to your homemade products. Although not nourishing or edible, these essential oils should blend well with the wax that you are using to make your lip balm.
Can These Oils Be Mixed With Regular Essential Oils?
Yes, these can be blended with essential oils for various purposes – or even for candle making. You can mix and use them in a diffuser or while making homemade skincare products. It’s also fine to mix candle fragrance oils with regular essential oils when making your soy candles.
Up Next: The Best Crayons For Candles