Paint rollers are ideal for both interior and exterior painting tasks. They are preferred because of their versatility, ease, and also speed of application. Paint rollers are much more efficient in comparison to paintbrushes, especially for large projects.
Why should you get a roller for your oil-based paint? Rollers provide smooth finishes and don’t splatter paint. They are effective on walls and other large and flat surfaces. They can also be used on surfaces with a variety of textures such as concrete, stucco, and drywall.
While purchasing a roller for your paint project with oil paint, you’ll need to compare the differences in thickness, size, and material. This will help you pick out the most appropriate roller for your project.
We have thoroughly studied the best rollers to work with oil-based paint. We have reviewed them in detail so you can compare the brands and choose the most suitable roller for your work.
Best Rollers for Oil-Based Paint
|1.||Bates Paint Tray Set||3 roller covers, paint tray, shed-resistant|
|2.||Pro Grade - Paint Roller Tool Kit||8 mini roller covers, durable|
|3.||Foam Pro Mini Foam Paint Roller||Smooth finish, secure grip, lint-free|
|4.||Finder Roller Tool Kit||9 polyester roller covers, long-lasting|
|5.||Kupoo Home Roller||1o mini roller covers, 3 types|
|6.||Magimate Paint Roller Kit||Smooth finish, non-shedding|
1. Bates Paint Tray Set
This premium roller kit set is long-lasting and offers a superior finish. It is easy to clean and gets the job done in no time.
It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a professional; this set is ideal for any user.
The handle of the roller is made from wood and is lightweight. The grip is secure. This roller leaves a superior finish after a painting task.
It is suitable for use in tedious and long paint jobs. It is durable and sturdy and works on both textured and plain surfaces.
- The set comprises of a tray, 3 roller naps, a roller frame, and a 4” paint tray
- The roller frame is sturdy
- Ideal set for a house painting project
- Shed-resistant microfibers for the roller
- Easy to clean
- Roller frame is sturdy
- No problem of microfibers being left behind
- Cannot be mounted on an extension and you will have to use a ladder
2. Pro Grade – Paint Roller Tool Kit
This comprehensive 10-piece roller kit promises a professional finish. The set is comprised of a mini tray, 4” roller frame and 8 mini roller covers of dimensions 4” x ½”.
This roller kit is ideal for use in any home improvement project such as painting exteriors. This roller kit is good for painting ceilings, walls, decks, floors, and drywall. You get professional results with this roller with less effort.
You can enjoy best-in-class performance with this product. The house painting supplies are long-lasting, tough, and durable. The entire set can be reused for multiple paint projects with oil paint.
- Professional painting kit
- Consists of 1 mini tray, 1 mini roller frame, 8 mini roller covers
- Ideal for both interior and exterior home improvement projects
- Ideal for painting walls, decks, ceilings, drywall, and staining floors
- Offers professionals results with minimal effort
- Delivers superior performance
- Supplies are long-lasting, tough and durable
- Easy to reuse and wash
- Cannot be attached to an extension rod
This mini foam paint roller is perfect for painting doors, cupboards, cabinets, and more. It leaves a professional and smooth finish. This roller promises a spray-like finish. The roller is lint-free.
This paint roller works well with glossy paints, urethanes, stains, primers, and varnishes. This 4-inch roller fits perfectly in 1-gallon paint can. This is a quality paint roller that helps you accomplish your painting tasks with ease.
- Quality product and short handle
- Ideal for painting varnishes, primers, stains, urethanes, and glossy paints
- Ideal for painting smooth surfaces
- Ideal for painting cabinets, cupboards, and doors
- The handle is comfortable and offers a secure grip
- Provides a lint-free finish
- Fits easily into a gallon paint can
- Quicker application than paint brushes
- Roller keeps sliding if you don’t secure it appropriately
4. Finder Roller Tool Kit
This roller helps you accomplish quick painting jobs. This roller can cover small areas and corners with ease. If you are looking to accomplish a quick paint job, then this is the roller for you.
This roller easily allows you to get to hard-to-reach places. You can use it for edging, painting doors, and line striping as well. This high-quality product consists of microfibers made from 100% polyester.
The product is durable and the microfibers are resistant to chemicals present in the paint. There are synthetic filaments in the paintbrush that offer the perfect finish you are looking for. This paint roller has a ½” thick cover, which is ideal for painting the house.
Both the covers and filaments are long-lasting and durable.
This roller is easy to use as well. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, you can easily accomplish your painting project in no time using this professional roller kit.
- Comes with an extra-long roller frame and 9 roller covers
- Perfect for a small paint job
- Extension rods can be inserted into the handle
- Roller rod is chrome-plated, durable, and strong
- Ideal for both amateur and professional use
- Offers smooth and even coats
- You will need an extension to paint the whole room
5. Kupoo Home Roller
This quality mini roller set is ideal for achieving a smooth and even finish while painting detailed and small areas. The grip is secure and the roller handle has been ergonomically designed so that you can paint longer without feeling tired.
The size of the mini roller is compact. It makes it easier for you to do detailed work, paint trim and for an easy cut in. The set comprises of a roller frame, 3 short pile mini roller, 4 medium pile mini rollers, and 3 foam mini rollers.
This high-quality roller covers help you stain and paint with much ease. The microfiber can be reused after washing. The roller is versatile and assures high-quality finish.
- Premium-quality roller set
- Offers an even and smooth finish while painting detailed and smaller areas
- Grip roller has been designed ergonomically
- Plastic handle promises comfortable grip, allowing you to paint longer without feeling tired
- The compact size of the roller makes it easier to cut in and do detailed work
- Helps you paint most stains and paints
- Washable and can be reused
- Would make a versatile addition to your collection
- Guarantees high-quality finish in hard-to-reach spaces
- Soft grip frame
- Foam roller falls apart if not mounted appropriately
6. Magimate Paint Roller Kit
Magimate is known for offering high-performing and innovative tools for professional painting work.
Their paint rollers have been tested and proven to work with numerous paints such as oil paints, latex, varnish, epoxy, acrylic, water-based paints, and more. They are resistant to all solvents.
You can use this paint roller on rough, smooth, and semi-rough surfaces. This multi-functional paint roller kit can be used for both exterior and interior painting projects and for painting decks, fences, and stencils.
The Magimate roller ensures perfect paint pick-up as well as release. The rollers can also be extended to higher places by mounting them on a pole. The fibers leave a lint-free, smooth finished surface after painting.
The rollers come with a plastic handle that offers a comfortable grip. The roller frame has a large handle and is comfortable to grasp. It is perfect for heavy-duty applications.
- Works well with numerous paints such as acrylic, epoxy, varnish, latex, and oil paint
- Ideal to paint semi-rough, smooth, and rough surfaces
- Can be used for both exterior and interior painting projects
- Ensures perfect pick-up and release of paint
- Fibers do not shed
- Leaves a smooth surface after painting
- Roller handles offer a comfortable grip
- Perfect for heavy-duty applications
- Resistant to all solvents
- Rollers don’t have threads to screw a telescopic handle
Can the Brush and Roller Be Washed for Future Use?
Yes. You can wash most of the rollers and fibers for future use. You need to clean the roller according to the paint you are using. If you are using oil-paint, you’ll need to dip the roller in a container filled with paint thinner.
If you are using any latex-based paint, then you need to clean the roller set with warm water and soap. Dry it with a rag or a paper towel.
Can the Roller Be Attached to an Extension Pole?
Most of the brands reviewed here offer the option to attach an extension pole to the roller. You can check the label for screws. Attaching a long stick or extension pole will help you paint the ceiling and higher areas with ease.
Are These Resistant to Solvents?
Almost all the products reviewed are of premium quality. These are resistant to almost all solvents. You can check the label for more instructions and for checking the suitability of the roller for a particular paint project.