Looking to expand your creative horizons?
Have you tried macramé yet? Macramé is the unsung hero of the world of yarn and fiber crafts.
The style is unique and cannot even be technically described as knitting as you don’t even have to lift a needle in the process. You can channel your creativity to create incredible products by just using a series of intricate knots and ties.
Wondering what kind of macramé kits you must be investing in? After all, you want something that helps you flawlessly try the fundamental knot-tying techniques you have learned all along.
What are the best macramé kits? The best macramé kits have should have enough cord, any necessary pieces or accessories such as hanging hooks or loops to complete a project, and clear instructions. The materials and a design should also be simple enough for beginners or advanced enough to satisfy advanced crafters.
In this guide, we will help you choose the right macramé kits based on certain crucial factors that you must consider. This will help you invest in the right kind of kit as per your project requirements.
Macramé Kits – What To Look For
Whether you’re new to macramé, or just want a kit to make your next project hassle and decision-free, you’ll want the best kit possible.
You can always choose the best cord for macramé and figure out the accessories and instructions on your own, but why bother? Especially if you’re a newbie to this wonderful world of knotting, you might as well make it easy on yourself!
Here are some things you’ll want to consider when you look for a good macramé kit:
Suitability – For Beginners/Professionals
This is the first thing you need to look into while shopping for macramé kits. If you are just learning the art, you don’t have to invest in accessories you aren’t even aware of how to utilize yet!
Plus, beginners may want simpler looking projects, materials which are easy to use, instructions, etc. But macramé pros really only have to worry about the materials included, and maybe instructions if any intended designs are complex.
You need to decide what kind of project you are working on before choosing any kit. Are you planning to create a simple plant hanger or are you trying to create rugs or pillows?
You need to be careful while choosing accessories because the ones you use in a hanger may not be useful if you planning to create rugs and pillows.
However if you get a kit designed for a certain project, you probably won’t need to worry too much about this!
This is extremely important while purchasing macramé kits, especially if you’re new to macramé and similar crafts. This is because if there are no clear instructions, you would find it difficult to figure how you need to use the kit especially if you are a beginner.
The 5 Best Macramé Kits
Macramé is an incredible art that lets you craft timeless pieces you will cherish all your life. You can create anything from a cutesy plant hanger to rugs and pillows with a macramé kit.
Check out our top 5 picks below:
|1.||XKDOUS Macramé Kit||100% virgin cotton rope, knot booklet|
|2.||Tuparka DIY Plant Hangers Macramé Kit||100% cotton rope, rings, beads, sticks|
|3.||Quefe Macramé Kit||100% cotton cord, rings, plain beads|
|4.||Stillness Crafts Macramé Kit||100% cotton cord, beads, guide for plant hangers|
|5.||I Like That Lamp Store Macramé Kit||White/grey cotton cord, beads, S hook, ring, dowel, guide|
With so many options, we’re sure you’ll find the one you need and will love! So keep reading for more information on each of these fabulous macramé kits. Happy crafting!
1. XKDOUS Macramé Kit
XKDOUS offers a variety of merchandise for crafters. They use 100% natural materials and this reflects in this kit as well. This macramé kit comprises of 100% natural cotton rope which is soft to work with. The cord is made for virgin cotton of premium quality. It doesn’t include recycled fabric or scraps.
The cord is soft, odor-free and biodegradable. If you love working on handmade projects, then this macramé supplies kit will certainly appeal to you. The cord is strong and soft. It could be frayed and combed easily. This rope can be used for making dream catchers, for making jewelry, pet toys, gift wrapping, gardening and more.
This macramé cord has a beautiful natural color which makes it more attractive. The twisted cotton string is cut to length and then packaged in spools. It is easy to organize and doesn’t create a mess while in use. The length of each spool is about 220 yards.
There is a free book included with this kit. It consists of illustrations, explanations, and hints showing how to tie various knots and patterns. This makes it a beginner-friendly kit.
- 100% natural cotton
- Rope made from virgin cotton which is odor-free and biodegradable
- Soft and durable
- Easy to work with
- 220 yards per spool
- Twisted cotton is cut to length and packaged in spools
- Free book with precise instructions included
- Beginner-friendly kit
- Can be used for creating décor, pet toys, jewelry, and craft projects
- The rope is spliced together that is not suitable for big projects where continuous rope is desired.
2. Tuparka DIY Plant Hangers Macramé Kit
This macramé kit comprises of a natural macramé rope, wooden sticks, rings and beads. You are getting not just the rope but also decorative accessories with this kit. It is ideal for knitting beginners and other yarn and fiber enthusiasts. You can create tapestries, plant hangers, wall hangers and more out of it suitable for home decoration.
The rope has been perfectly rolled into a roll thereby promising quick unwinding. This 100% cotton natural cotton macramé rope is soft to touch and has no odors. It hasn’t been bleached or dyed in the process. You get 109 yards of rope which is ideal for daily use.
You can utilize decorative accessories for creating incredible pieces of art. The cord is outstanding and comes with enough rope to create at least four plant hangers from this single kit. The beads are really beautiful and will result in gorgeous plant hangers, tapestries, and more.
- Natural macramé rope
- The rope has been perfectly rolled for quick unwinding
- The rope is soft and free from odors
- 100% natural cotton macramé rope
- Rope measures 109-yard length and 3mm in diameter
- Meets your daily requirements
- The kit comprises of rope, wooden sticks, rings of different dimensions and wooden beads
- Suitable for knitting enthusiasts and beginners
- The beads are beautiful but fragile.
3. Quefe Macramé Kit
This kit comprises of 220 yards of macramé cord, 4 wooden rings and 40 wooden beads.
The cord is soft and easy to use. It is strong and gives a perfect foundation for trimming. You can use it for DIY wall hangings, tapestries, plant hangers and for other party and home decoration purposes.
The cord is lighter and more of a beginner cord. If you are a professional, that you would love using 5mm cords. The beads in the kit are lovely and easy to add in any design.
The entire kit will help you make your crafts more attractive so it is definitely worth your consideration!
- Macramé kit with cord, beads and wooden rings
- Includes 220yards of macramé cord
- Suitable for DIY plant hangers, wall hangings, tapestries and more
- Cord measures 3mm in diameter
- Is soft and easy to use
- The cord is strong and gives the perfect foundation for trimming
- Makes your crafts more attractive
- Beads and rings are soft and sanded
- No issues of tangling experienced
- You need to be careful while trying to make uniform knots.
4. Stillness Crafts Macramé Kit
This macramé plant hanger kits adds a natural and eco-friendly style to your personal spaces. Do you love crafting things that add a natural and distinct looks to your living space? If yes, then this macramé kit would certainly appeal to you.
This supplies bundle comes with beads and cotton cord that is easy to use. A guide is easy to follow and also comes with video instructions that you can follow to create your macramé indoor or outdoor plant hanger.
This kit is great for both beginners and experienced crafters. The kit has been made from natural, biodegradable material and you will absolutely love working with it. The starter kit includes 109 yards of cord and 12 macramé beads.
This kit promises a relaxing and therapeutic crafting experience for people across all age groups. This multipurpose macramé kit consists of supplies that can use in variety of engaging activities such as home décor, school events, for creating ornaments, decorations and retro parties.
- Complete macramé plant hanger kit
- Great for both beginners and experienced crafters
- The kit consists of cotton cords, beads, and an easy-to-follow guide
- Made from biodegradable materials
- Beginner-friendly weaving
- Durable and lightweight materials
- Are safe and non-toxic
- Cotton cord measures 3mm in thickness
- Includes 12 natural wooden beads
- Backed with money-back guarantee
- Beginners may find it difficult to follow the pace of instructions in the guide.
5. I Like That Lamp Store Macramé Kit
This deluxe macramé kit comes with all the supplies that you need to create a plant hanger, wall hanging or any other creative project you could think of. This beginner-friendly kit includes everything that you require for knotting your own wall hanging or plant hanger. The pattern is easy to follow from the instructions provided.
Macramé is a fun and rewarding activity. It lets your create something unique for your home and unwind at the same time. If you have a thing for adding rustic décor to your living room, kitchen or bedroom, then you cannot go wrong with a personalized piece of art that you can create with this kit.
This inclusive craft kit would make a perfect hobby for teenagers, adults and as well as for young kids. The kit consists of 2 colors of macramé cord and decorative beads. You also get a hook and ring along with a dowel for completing the design.
- Personalize your living space with practical and stylish plant holder
- Beginner-friendly kit comes with clear instructions
- Fun and affordable way to add bohemian accents to your interiors
- Comprehensive craft kit
- Comes with two colors of macramé cord: beige and light grey
- Kit also includes hook and ring, dowel and decorative beads
- Illustrations are pretty clear in the manual
- Quite relaxing and fun activity
- Beginners need to be aware of the basics to follow the guide.
Up Next: How To Tie A Sliding Knot With One String