If you love making DIY jewelry pieces, then you can create remarkable designs with painted patterns. You can give a nice shine to transform your bling in an affordable way with paints. Longer-wearing paint results in a tougher finish that lasts for years.
What is the best silver paint for jewelry? The best paints for jewelry are thick, creamy, and leave a satiny finish on the surface of the jewelry. High-quality acrylic paints are a suitable choice, imparting a bright reflective finish to the surface. They are able to adhere to most surfaces and are easy to work with.
In this guide, you will learn how to choose the right silver paint for your jewelry, so read on – and happy painting!
Silver Paints: 5 Things To Look For
There are various factors that you need to consider while looking to purchase the best silver paints for jewelry.
Quality of Finish: Consider what kind of finish you would get with the paint you are working with. Some paints are satiny, whereas some are textured. Either look is great, but of course, you want to make sure it is the look you’re going for.
Brilliance and Clarity: Similarly, different paints offer different amounts of clarity and brilliance. Again, there are no wrong options here; you just need to consider what final effects you’re looking for.
High-Quality Pigment: Opt for paints made from the highest-quality pigments. This will ensure that the piece of jewelry that you are painting retains the color for a long time. Jewelry tends to get a lot of wear and tear, so a lasting color is especially important.
Sticks to the Surface: Above all else, be sure your paint can actually adhere to the surface of your jewelry! Fortunately, acrylic paints can generally adhere to most surfaces and will almost certainly be suitable for your needs. But it never hurts to check a paint’s suitability for your particular jewelry material.
Consistency: Consistency will also affect how your jewelry looks and whether the color is more likely to be an even and thick coat. Most acrylic paints have a buttery consistency and will therefore provide quick and easy coverage. This will also help to minimize any brush marks left behind on the surface.
The 5 Best Silver Paints For Jewelry
We did some research and found some of the best silver paints for your jewelry available on the market today:
|1.||Liquitex Basics Acrylic Paint||Satin finish, AP seal color, permanent|
|2.||Winsor & Newton Galeria Acrylic Paint||Satin finish, vibrant color, non-toxic|
|3.||Jacquard Lumiere Metallic Acrylic Paint||Metallic finish, bright and opaque|
|4.||FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Paint||Smooth coverage, multi-surface use|
|5.||Krylon ColorMaster Paint and Primer||Fast drying, primer-paint combo spray|
You can check out our top 5 picks with more detail below, so read on!
1. Liquitex Basics Acrylic Paint
Liquitex paints are formulated to offer dependable performance. This brand promises outstanding value to artists, students, and crafters. Each color has been uniquely formulated to bring out maximum clarity and brilliance.
This silver acrylic paint comprises permanent artist pigments and dries to a satin finish. It would prove to be a great choice for your jewelry painting project. All colors hold the AP seal from ACMI and are safe to use.
This Liquitex paint is suitable for all painting techniques. This medium viscosity paint has been made with lightfast, art pigments.
All Liquitex paints have been made from premium quality pigments that undergo a rigorous manufacturing process. The manufacturers use fine art pigments and mills them using modern basket bead-mill technology.
The pigments are then ground with tiny reinforced ceramic beads to give fine dispersion, brightness, strength, and great color development. These paints are economical and great for everyday use.
The good thing about this paint is that it can stick to most surfaces including paper, board, canvas, masonry, wood, stone, ceramics, textile, Styrofoam, and metal. The medium viscosity of this paint is highly versatile and makes it easier to work with.
- Formulated to offer a dependable performance
- Delivers outstanding value
- Has been uniquely formulated for maximum clarity and brilliance
- Comprises of permanent artist pigments
- Dries to a satin finish
- Colors hold the AP seal
- Safe to use
- Medium viscosity paint has been made from lightfast, art pigments
- Uses fine art pigments
- Pigments give fine dispersion, strength, brightness, and great color development
- Sticks to almost any surface
- Medium viscosity makes it highly versatile
- It’s semi-opaque and you may require an additional coat while painting your jewelry
2. Winsor & Newton Galeria Acrylic Paint
Winsor & Newton Galeria acrylic colors are premium quality acrylics and promise professional results. The pigments demonstrate the brilliance of color, opacity, high levels of pigment strength, and smooth satin finish.
The high level of pigmentation assures good covering powering color. You can use this paint without any fear of painting your pieces of jewelry. The rich pigment will truly make them stand out.
The company also offers opaque versions and transparent colors. Make sure to check the label carefully before purchasing.
This acrylic paint has a rich buttery consistency which ensures easy and quick coverage. You can be assured that there will no brush marks left on your jewelry after painting.
The depth of color offered by this paint is really beautiful. You can use various mediums with this acrylic paint for either a gloss or matte finish.
- Creamy and thick acrylic paint
- Good pigment load
- Offers a satin finish on the surface
- 4 oz. tube of acrylic paint
- Intermixable with other mediums
- Is non-toxic and adheres to ASTM D4236 standards
- Strong and vibrant
- Offers good coverage
- Available in both opaque versions and transparent colors
- Has rich, buttery consistency
- Brilliant color and rich pigment strength
- Is not a versatile product unlike other acrylic paints
3. Jacquard Lumiere Metallic Acrylic Paint
Jacquard Lumiere paints can be stamped, brushed, marbled, stenciled, painted, and screened. You can apply it over on multiple surfaces with a soft brush.
This paint allows smooth application on flexible or soft surfaces such as fabrics and Styrofoam as well.
This paint is fantastic and easy to work with. It has a metallic look and doesn’t smear at all during application.
This paint allows you to achieve a rich, multi-layered metallic effect. It is much thinner in comparison to other acrylic craft paint and spreads smoothly. It doesn’t leave any noticeable brush marks on the surface.
- Can be used on untreated fabric, wood, paper, silk, leather, and metal
- Bright and opaque even when used on dark backgrounds
- Can be stamped, brushed, stenciled, marbled, and screened
- Can be applied over multiple surfaces with a soft brush
- Can be built up to fully opaque over any surface
- Allows smooth application on soft surfaces
- Is easy to use
- Doesn’t leave brush marks on the surface
- Offers a rich, multi-layered metallic effect
- Spreads smoothly
- Exceptional quality acrylic paint
- Doesn’t have a reflective finish
4. FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Paint
FolkArt acrylic paint is an artist quality formula that crafters love using for decorative painting. This paint is available in an expansive color palette and has a rich, creamy consistency. It offers exceptional shading and blending.
This premium quality paint comes in a variety of finishes such as chalk paint, neon, glitter, enamel, and more. It is suitable for use over multiple surfaces and even for outdoor applications.
You can use these superior paints with any line of brushes, stencils, and other tools for rendering an elegant touch to your jewelry painting project.
The brand is trusted and offers paints in numerous finishes to add a pop of dazzling color to your project.
This easy-to-use formula requires minimal surface preparation. This high-quality acrylic features a velvety smooth heavy pigmentation formula that offers a superior smooth coverage regardless of the kind of surface you are using.
- Artist quality formula loved by crafters
- Suitable for decorative painting
- Available in an expansive color palette
- Has a rich, creamy consistency
- Premium quality paint available in numerous finishes
- Manufactured in the United States
- Suitable for use over multiple surfaces
- Can use these superior paints with any line of brushes
- Requires minimal surface preparation
- Velvety smooth heavy pigmentation formula
- Provides superior smooth coverage
- A little watery
5. Krylon ColorMaster Paint and Primer
This paint and primer spray offers excellent coverage and long-lasting performance which ensures that your painted jewelry will look great for a long time.
The EZ touch conical tip of this spray will make finger fatigue a history during any painting task. The tip has been designed for maximum control.
Krylon ColorMaster paint offers fantastic coverage and color for every project. Working on a porous surface? This spray paint is easy to work with and the color holds really well on the surface. Just a light layer is sufficient to paint any piece of jewelry.
- Quick application
- Offers fantastic coverage and long-lasting performance
- EZ touch conical tip makes finer fatigue a history
- The tip has been designed for maximum control
- Easy to work with and holds color really well on any surface
- The application is smooth and the finished surface looks great
- Dries within 15 minutes
- Offers brilliant metallic finishes
- Suitable for indoor use on metal, wood, wicker, and other surfaces
- A single coat on a surface can scratch off easily
Up Next: The Best Glue For Metal Jewelry