Sewing threads secure different parts of your fabric and provide the desired shape to your garment. Without a good thread, you would simply be compromising with the quality of the apparel that you are designing.
Would you be happy if the cute little dress you designed for your beloved daughter after hours of laborious work didn’t even last for a month? Wouldn’t you be heartbroken? That’s why it’s so important to get the right thread for your machine.
So what is the best thread to use for Singer Sewing Machines? The best thread to use varies by project and material, but cotton, polyester, and nylon threads are good choices. Cotton threads are ideal for sewing light to medium-weight fabrics. Polyester works well on almost any fabric and has a good stretch. Nylon is strong and best for heavier fabrics.
We have hunted for the best sewing thread for your precious Singer sewing machine to save you the hassle for finding the best thread. This will help you in narrowing down your options easily as per the suitability of your project. We scrutinized the reviews of the customers and studied them to offer you this detailed review.
Best Threads For Singer Sewing Machine
You have to use the right thread for your trusty Singer, but which is the best to use?
Sewing machine threads are usually made from cotton, nylon, polyester, or even silk – but that last one can get expensive.
A cotton thread provides a smooth finish without stretch. Polyester thread works well on all kinds of fabric. These have a good stretch and are suitable for sewing woven and knit fabrics. Nylon thread is the strongest sewing thread and is ideal for working with heavy-duty fabrics.
With that in mind, we’ve found our top 5 picks for sewing thread out there:
|1.||Keimix Sewing Thread Kit||36 colors, needles + threader|
|2.||SOLEDI 24 Colors Sewing Threads||24 colors, needles + threaders|
|3.||BetyBedy Sewing Threads||36 colors, mini spools|
|4.||Quarkace Sewing Machine Thread||32 color threads, 28 bobbins|
|5.||Simthread Machine Thread||24 mini spools, thread nets|
We’ve included a full review of each so you can choose the very best for your next project. Have fun and happy sewing!
1. Keimix Sewing Thread Kit
This sewing thread is made from high-quality polyester and is a perfect match for your Singer machine. It wouldn’t fray or break easily.
The plastic spools will remain in perfect condition for a long time. The colors and stitches will also last, even after you wash your new favorite circle skirt multiple times.
This kit comprises of 36 different colors and each color is vibrant and bright. 36 spools of sewing threads and 36 more pre-wound bobbins should last you many an at-home sewing project
This thread works well with different sewing machine models including those with an automatic winding feature.
You can sew personalized and original designs with these sewing threads. Transform your home with new curtains, pillows, and more! This sewing set would also make an ideal gift for anybody interested in sewing, or anyone who needs a restock. Now you know what to gift your favorite crafter for their next birthday!
- 36 different colors of sewing threads
- Polyester thread with acrylic bobbins
- Works great for regular sewing machine
- 36 spools of sewing threads, 36 pre-wound bobbins, 1 needle threader, + 10 sewing needles
- High-quality polyester thread
- Wouldn’t fray or break easily
- Colors and stitches would last long even after multiple washes
- Each color is bright and vibrant
- Ideal for sewing machines that come with an automatic winding function
- Polyester thread is not ideal for high-speed sewing for long periods of time.
2. SOLEDI 24 Colors Sewing Threads
This beautiful thread set offers you a plethora of options for your sewing project. You get 42 pieces in this sewing kit. The thread is made from 100% polyester which will not shrink or fade.
The threads are durable, so you should consider these for the next time you’re stitching a shirt for your energetic little ones. It is suitable for both manual sewing and machine sewing.
This sewing thread is smooth and tough at the same time. You will get 24 different colors of sewing bobbins along with the thread which makes it suitable for a variety of sewing projects and an ideal kit for beginners.
You can create personalized fashions and original costumes with this sewing kit. You can also make beautiful embroidery on the T-shirt thereby rendering a personalized touch to your outfits. It is simple and fun to use.
- 100% polyester
- 24 vibrant colors
- Suitable for a variety of sewing projects
- 42 pieces included in the kit
- Set includes 16 needles and 2 threaders
- Smooth and tough
- Shrink and fade resistant
- Comes in an exquisite gift packaging
- Tends to break if you use it at a high speed for a long time.
3. BetyBedy Sewing Threads
This sewing threads and bobbins combo is great for normal daily sewing. You get 36 assorted colors, which means 36 bobbins in this set.
The bobbins are of standard size and are suitable for a variety of sewing machines. It is perfect for anybody who has started working with a sewing machine or an embroidery machine. You’ll have plenty on hand for your next few projects or repairs.
The bobbin set comes in a clear transparent case that keeps your sewing collection organized. The bobbins are reusable, too, so when you buy replacement threads, you already have several bobbins to choose from. The accessories are essential for anybody who is a sewing enthusiast.
- Multiple color threads
- Set includes 36 pieces of bobbins/assortment of colors
- A standard size and fits most sewing machines
- Ideal for both sewing and embroidery machines
- Vibrant colors and excellent quality
- Comes with a clear transparent bobbin case
- Bobbins are reusable
- Great tool for a DIY lover
- The amount of thread in the bobbins is a bit lower and more suitable for smaller projects and repairs.
4. Quarkace Sewing Machine Thread
This sewing kit is ideal for daily sewing works such as hand sewing, hand knitting, embroidery, and DIY handicrafts. The set comprises of 28 threaded bobbins along with 32 high-quality polyester threads.
The set also includes a free threader. The threader is beneficial for the new sewer who might have difficulty threading a needle.
Quarkace thread set meets most of the sewing project’s needs and is suitable for use with most of the sewing machines including Singer. Each spool has 1,000 yards of thread.
We also love that this set comes with so much extra black and white thread – the colors you will use the most. The color choices of threads seem heavy on neutral shades. While it may not seem eye-catching, it does mean they’re versatile; you’re unlikely to be stuck repairing a purple shirt with clashing lime green thread.
- Made from high-quality polyester
- 32 spools of thread in vibrant colors
- 1000 yards thread per spool
- Easy to find the end
- 10 pieces of threaded bobbins, 5 pieces of needles and a needle threader comes free with this set
- Threads conveniently fit in most sewing machine sets
- Ideal for daily sewing works including hand knitting, embroidery, hand sewing, and more
- Comes with a free threader and five pieces of needles
- Extra white and black threads
- The mini size is ideal for use in portable sewing machines and also in hand-held sewing machines
- Easy to use, carry and store
- The spools and bobbins have different colors of threads and are not identical. If you run out of a bobbin color other than white or black, you might be stuck.
5. Simthread 24 Spools Machine Thread
Simthread provides you with the best experience for your home and commercial machines. The company offers the most valuable and premium quality sewing and embroidery threads to its customers.
You can easily afford this assortment of embroidery machine thread. The kit comprises of 24 mini spools and thread nets. The colors are suitable for most of your embroidery projects and are ideal for crafting marvel designs.
Each spool has 1100 yards. This is twice what you would generally get with any other regular spool. As we said before, polyester thread is ideal for most quilting, sewing, over-locking, and embroidery. These threads have a shiny texture and are durable.
Simthread threads have superior colorfastness and the threads will retain their color even while daily laundering. This makes Simthread ideal for use while sewing workwear and uniforms.
- 24 assorted beautiful and bright colors
- Bold and beautiful colors
- 1100 yards of polyester thread on each spool
- Sold in 90+ countries and trusted by professionals
- Ideal for quilting, sewing, over-locking and for embroidery
- Durable threads with superior colorfastness
- Ideal for workwear and uniforms that require frequent washing
- Valuable and premium quality thread
- Thread glides easily with no fraying and breakage
- The colors may differ slightly from their photos.
Will These Threads Fray or Cause Knotting Problems in My Machine?
If your main concern is to avoid issues such as fraying or knotting, then you should always use a thread that is appropriate for your project and is suitable for use with your sewing machine.
For instance, polyester threads are not suitable for heavy-duty usage for long periods of time. This can cause the thread to break. This issue is not present when a polyester thread is used in regular sewing work.
Are the Bobbins Threaded?
Most of these sewing kits come with threaded bobbins. If you’re brand new to sewing, a kit of bobbins means you’re basically ready to go. Spools will need to be wound onto bobbins in order to use your sewing machine, but they will contain much more thread, lasting you many more projects.
It would be a wise move to check the label to find out what the manufacturer is offering in the kit.
Do These Threads Work for Flying Kites?
No, these threads are far too thin to be used as kite strings and will snap. If you’re looking for the best threads for kite flying, we have another article for you!
Up Next: The Best Sewing Thread Holders