Using the right tools can make a big difference if you are an avid embroiderer. Having a sharp pair of small scissors will offer you the biggest benefit.
The right stuff will cut the thread without any risk of strands fraying. But the wrong pair of scissors could negatively impact the rest of your stitching.
What makes the best embroidery scissors? For embroidery, scissors must be very sharp. They should be 3-4 inches long or otherwise easy to hold in your hand to help you snip closer and more comfortably. You should avoid general craft scissors and opt instead for double-curved scissors.
In this guide, you will learn how to choose the right pair of embroidery scissors for your work and what are the parameters you need to look into.
Embroidery Scissors: What to Look For
Looking into some key parameters makes it easier to shortlist a pair of perfect embroidery scissors. Here are some factors to consider:
Design: The shape of the blades matters a lot while looking for embroidery scissors. Curved blades work well while trying to manipulate tiny threads used in embroidery.
Durability& Sharpness: Opt for a sturdy design that will last for a long time and a pair of scissors that can cut the threads cleanly without letting them fray. You don’t just want a great cut; you want the same great cut ten years from now.
Small size: Size is a crucial aspect and you need to try to strike a balance between portability and weight. Smaller scissors can reach tight spots well and are comfortable to work with.
Lightweight: Opting for lightweight scissors will feel comfortable while working on intricate thread designs.
Ambidexterity: Most of the embroidery scissors are designed for right-handed individuals. If your left hand is your dominant hand, then you need to opt for ambidextrous design.
The 5 Best Embroidery Scissors
If you’re looking for a trusty pair of embroidery scissors, look no further. We’ve got our top five picked out for you.
|1.||BIHRTC Sharp Classic Stork Scissors||Sharp stainless steel, light, 3.6"|
|2.||Mazbot Curved Embroidery Scissors||Curved tip (pick+cut), lightweight, 6"|
|3.||AQUEENLY Embroidery Scissors||Pointed, sharp stainless steel, 3.6"|
|4.||SINGER ProSeries Scissors||'Nano' tip, comfort grip, 4.5"|
|5.||Fiskars Curved Craft Scissors||Slight curve, steel, ambidextrous, 4"|
Here are our top choices in review:
1. BIHRTC Sharp Tip Classic Stork Scissors
This pair of embroidery scissors feature an elegant stork design and comes with pointed edges. The blades are sharp which implies you can finish your work quickly. The metallic handle still feels comfortable while working.
You can use this BIHRTC classic scissors for needlework, crafting, sewing, embroidery, crafting, and other purposes. The small size of 3.6 inches makes it easier to use.
Made from stainless steel, this pair of scissors comes with durable and high-efficiency stainless steel blades. These would not rust and provide you with long-lasting service.
The handles are extremely comfortable and the overall design is lightweight. The small size lets you carry this pair of scissors everywhere.
- Elegant designing
- Comes with pointed, sharp edges
- Blades are sharp and will save you time
- Comfortable metallic handle
- 3.6-inch scissors great to carry around
- Suitable for crafting, sewing, needlework, embroidery, and more
- Small size and easy to carry around
- Suitable for trimming wool, twine, fabric thread, and more
- Stainless steel blades are durable and highly efficient
- Won’t rust easily
- Handles are comfortable and lightweight
- Good embroidery tool as the cutting edge is non-sticky and fast
- Has a sharp blade and can also be used to cut hair
- Elegant designing makes it a perfect gift for those who are avid embroiderers
- Lacks diamond-sharp tip
2. Mazbot Bent Handle Curved Embroidery Scissors
If you are looking for double-curved scissors that are perfect for machine embroidery, then you cannot go wrong with Mazbot bent handle scissors.
The curved handles provide access to thread inside the hoops of embroidery and in case of hard to reach stitches. The curved tip lets you pick at stitches, especially those you are trying to undo and perfect. This shape is a classic one among embroiderers for a reason.
The blades of this embroidery scissors are razor-sharp and come with a tension adjustment screw. The design is lightweight and hence easier to work with. The ergonomic handle design reduces hand fatigue. You can re-sharpen the blades anytime as these feature durable plated chrome over a Nickle finish.
These embroidery scissors are tight and have a great angle. You can easily accomplish any embroidery or other craftwork quite conveniently with Mazbot scissors. These are sharp enough for cutting needs for embroiderers and crafters.
- Double curved scissors that are perfect for machine embroidery
- Curved handles provide access to thread inside the hoops of embroidery
- You can conveniently work on hard to reach stitches
- Blades are razor-sharp
- Comes with a tension adjustment screw
- Lightweight and easy to work with
- Ergonomic handle design reduces hand fatigue
- You can re-sharpen the blades anytime
- Tight lock and has a great angle
- Sharp enough for embroiderers and crafters
- Tips not suitable for cutting through fabrics and you will have to rely on high-end scissors for the purpose
3. AQUEENLY Embroidery Scissors
These sharp, durable, and high-quality embroidery scissors have been designed from premium grade stainless steel. The scissors are durable, lightweight, and won’t rust. You can easily carry these around.
The pointed edge and the sharp blade design ensure that you will get a smooth cut each time.
The vintage designs and gold-plated finish on the handle add to its charm. This also makes it suitable to be used as a present for embroidery enthusiasts. The blade cuts accurately and the sharpness promises smooth opening and closing.
The handle design is comfortable and is perfect for needlework, embroidery work, crafting, sewing, and other artwork. If your friends are fond of DIY craftwork, then this embroidery scissor would make a perfect present for them. (Or you can keep them for yourself. We won’t tell.)
- Made from high quality, durable and sharp stainless steel
- Metal is anti-rust, durable, and sharp
- Lightweight and easy to carry around
- Sharp blade design with pointed edge
- Offers a smooth cut every time
- The vintage design adds to the charm
- Handle feels comfortable
- The gold-plated finish handle seems elegant and stylish
- Would make a perfect present for embroidery enthusiasts
- The pack consists of 2 pieces of embroidery scissors
- Not suitable for use on hard fabric or heavy yarn
4. SINGER ProSeries Scissors
These scissors are small and precise and measure 4 ½ inches. These have been specifically designed for professionals and sewing enthusiasts.
The Nano tip of scissors has been specially incorporated in the design for embroidery and for doing detail work.
These embroidery scissors come with rubberized comfort grip handles that allow crafters to work easily without rubbing or pinching. The blades have been specially inspected and tested for quality. Each pair has been backed with a lifetime guarantee by the company.
- Designed for professionals
- Sharp and detail scissors provide precision
- Made from durable stainless steel
- Measures 4.5” in size
- Comes with a Nano tip which makes it easier to maneuver the fabric effortlessly and quickly
- Helps in producing crisp lines and in doing intricate detail work
- Ultra-fine tip for detail work and precise pattern
- Ergonomic design
- Rubberized cushion blade handles
- Blades have been individually inspected and also hand tested
- Sharp and easy to control
- Doesn’t come with a sheath
- Not suitable for large projects
5. Fiskars Curved Craft Scissors
These superior quality craft scissors are excellent for precision cutting of craft materials, paper, yarn, thread, canvas, plastic, cloth, and more.
These curved scissors measure 4 inches in length and are apt for trimming small loose threads. The curved blade design helps you make perfect snips against the fabric surface without causing any damage to it.
The blades have been designed from high-grade stainless steel. The precision-ground edge remains sharper for a long time and cuts all the way to the tip. Fiskars curved scissors are essential for anyone who cuts fabric. The lightweight double-loop handle provides excellent control.
- Ideal for snipping loose threads against the surface of fabric
- Made from high-grade stainless steel but doesn’t damage fabric
- Comes with a sharp edge that cuts precisely all the way to tip
- The double-loop handle is suitable for both left and right-handed users
- Compact size and curved blades
- Backed by a lifetime warranty by the makers
- Durable, anti-rust product
- Easy to work with
- The double-loop handle offers excellent control to the users
- Perfect for appliques, embroideries, and trimming threads
- Difficult to re-sharpen because of the curved blades
Embroidery scissors come in extremely handy and provide the perfect close cut as desired by crafters. With plenty of options available, it can become difficult to make a choice.
This is why we have reviewed the best embroidery scissors available in the market after carrying out our extensive research. We have listed the features, pros, and cons so that you can weigh your options and make an informed choice.
Up Next: The Best Fabric For Embroidery