Fussy cutting lets you craft any pattern, design, art, or image from a piece of fabric or paper.
The best thing is that you don’t have to use any fancy tools for the purpose. You just need to have a pair of precision scissors in your arsenal and you are good to go.
So what are the best scissors for fussy cutting? You need to go for small, sharp craft scissors for precise fussy cutting. The scissors need to have a pointed tip and should be sharp and small enough to help you get precise, even cuts through a variety of materials. A good grip will offer you much control.
The right scissors will let you cut as many embellishments as you want and customize them as per your scrapbooking project’s design, theme, and color – without sacrificing precision or quality.
In this guide, you will learn how to choose the right material with appropriate features while shopping for the best scissors for fussy cutting.
Scissors For Fussy Cutting: Things To Look For
When it comes to fussy cutting, you really need the right scissors. With the wrong tool, there’s no point in even trying – after all, ‘cutting’ is in the name.
Fortunately, there’s only a few key features to look for when you’re shopping for the right scissors to do fussy cutting:
- Small size: Small scissors are suitable for the purpose and give you better grip and control during fussy cutting.
- Pointy tip: A pointy tip helps you accomplish the task with precise, beautiful lines in no time.
- Good grip: Without a good grip, you cannot achieve the results that you desire while fussy cutting.
- Sharpness: This sounds pretty obvious, but believe us – you really do need a very sharp pair of scissors to cut through a variety of fabrics like wool or even thicker papers. Plus, a sharper pair of scissors is also a more precise pair.
There you have it, everything you need to look for in your next pair of craft scissors for fussy cutting. Nice and simple!
The 3 Best Scissors For Fussy Cutting
So now that you know what makes a good pair of scissors for fussy cutting, let’s talk about the best scissors for the job. We have a few suggestions.
|1.||EK Success Cutter Bee Precision Scissors||Non-stick stainless steel blades, corrosion-resistant|
|2.||SINGER ProSeries Detail Scissors||Ergonomic, stainless steel blades, 'nano' tip|
|3.||Fiskars Titanium Micro-Tip Scissors||Titanium blade coating, soft grip, very fine tip|
We’ve also included a full review of each pair, so be sure to check them out!
1. EK Success Cutter Bee Precision Scissors
American Crafts Company is a popular crafts company known for its friendly and clean product design. This pair of precision scissors definitely has a sleek, modern feel to it.
Its tip has been designed for detailed cutting on paper, photos, vellum, and more. It is also suitable for gardening for shaping and pruning small plants. The blades are non-stick and this product comes with a safety cover that protects it when not in use.
The design is corrosion-resistant. The grip is comfortable and you can use it for hours without any fear of developing sting on hands.
- Precision tip scissors for detailed cutting on photos, vellum, paper, and more
- Excellent scissors for shaping and pruning for gardening
- Non-stick blades suitable for cutting adhesive-backed paper
- Comfort grip handles prevent sting on hands during long term paper
- Safety cover offers protection while not in use
- 5 inches in length
- Are not robust.
2. SINGER 4½-inch ProSeries Detail Scissors
These precise 4½-inch scissors are made for sewing enthusiasts and professionals alike. The Nano tip of the shears has been crafted for detail and embroidery work.
The rubber grip handles permit the user to craft comfortably without rubbing and pinching.
The blades of the scissor have been inspected individually for quality. Each pair is backed with a lifetime guarantee. It has been designed for professionals and build to provide precision.
The sharp steel blades maneuver through the paper and fabric effortlessly and quickly thereby producing crisp lines even while doing intricate detail work.
- 4.5-inch detail scissors
- Small and precise detail scissors
- Build to provide precision to a crafter
- Sharp stainless steel bleed with Nano tip
- Can maneuver through fabric effortlessly and quickly
- Comfortable grip with ergonomic cushion blade handles
- Stainless steel blades for maximum cutting strength
- Blades have been inspected and hand-tested for durability
- Works well with thin fabrics.
3. Fiskars Titanium Micro-Tip Scissors
Fiskars makes it easier for cutting tight and intricate patterns easier for people with even limited hand strength or arthritis.
The blades open up with spring action for reducing strain. It has been designed with high-grade stainless steel. The precision-ground edge ensures that the blade stays sharper and cuts flawlessly.
The titanium coating on the blade is three times harden than steel and ensure lasting value and superior durability. This scissor includes a soft grip handle promising a comfortable hold to the users.
- Ideal for cutting patterns and intricate details on paper and on a wide range of fabrics
- Easy cutting on awkward angles and in tight spaces
- Easy to use for people with limited hand strength and arthritis
- Spring action opens blades after each cut for reducing hand strain
- Lifetime warranty
- Titanium blade coating three times harder than steel
- Can resist wear, scratches, and corrosion
- Superior durability
- The safety lock isn’t durable.