If you are eager to explore the idea of soap making, then you would have thought about investing in a mold. Narrowing down a soap mold as per your project is not an easy task. Whether you run a homemade soap business or are just a hobbyist, you need to study the pros and cons of choosing different soap molds.
If you have fallen in love with the soap making process, you need to invest in quality molds. There are a variety of types you can choose from.
The mold determines how big your batch will be. It can also influence the ingredients and the cure time required in the process. Each mold has its own pros and cons. You need to weigh them in order to shortlist the best mold for your project.
So what’s the best soap mold? Silicone soap molds are the most popular as they are easy to clean and available in many shapes and sizes. They can typically be reused in baking, as well. Molds made from other materials such as from steel, wood, and plastic will also work.
Each mold has the potential to impact your soap-making experience. We have conducted in-depth research on studying the best options available in the market. You can compare them and choose a mold according to the suitability of your project.
Best Soap Molds
If you’re looking for recommendations, look no further. We’ve researched soap molds and found our new favorites:
|1.||Ozera Silicone Soap Molds||6 rectangular molds, 2pk|
|2.||Baker Depot Cylinder Mold||15 sm cylinder molds, 2pk|
|3.||Baker Depot Rose Mold||6 rose-shape molds, 2pk|
|4.||The Silly Pops Soap Molds||6 etched rectangular molds, 2pk|
|5.||ZYTJ Silicone Soap Molds||Large block mold + scrapers|
Your colorful soap creations are only a good mold and a few steps away! So let’s look at these fantastic and fun molds in more detail.
1. Ozera Silicone Soap Molds
If you are looking for a practical and durable option for making soaps, then this Ozera 6-cavity soap mold will certainly live up to your expectations. The mold is non-stick and flexible and is easy to clean.
The best thing about using this silicone soap mold is that it adds to the convenience of the users. You can use it not just for molding soaps but also for puddings, brownies, muffins, cornbread, and more.
Ozera soap mold is suitable for use in a dishwasher, refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, microwave, and more. This multipurpose soap mold comes in a set of 2 and helps you craft your own soaps, breads, and desserts. This product is also backed by a 100 percent money-back guarantee.
- Practical and durable product with 6 cavities
- Flexible and non-stick
- Extremely easy to use and clean
- Feasible for use in a dishwasher, refrigerator, oven, freezer, and microwave
- The products pop out with just a little push
- Backed by 100 percent money-back guarantee
- Innovative designed
- Can be re-used multiple times
- Silicone is extremely stable
- Perfect for making colorful soaps with decorating styles
- The mold has thin areas.
2. Baker Depot Cylinder Silicone Mold
This 100 percent silicone mold is heat resistant and is a perfect mold for making handmade soaps. You will instantly fall in love with it.
This mold is ideal for making a batch of small soaps or even bath bombs. This mold is quite soft and flexible. This makes it easier to use and remove the set soaps with just a simple push.
While using molds for the first time, you need to fill the cavities with water and microwave for a minute or two and then drain it.
Apart from making soaps, you can also use it for making cookies, chocolates, bread, cake, jelly, mousse, and more. While making mini cakes, do not pour the entire slurry into the molds. You need to keep it 3/4th full, else the cake will expand while baking.
- 100 percent heat resistant
- Made from superior grade silicone
- Can be used for making cakes, jellies, chocolates, cookies, bread, mousse, and more
- Can be used for making a small batch of bath bombs
- Is durable and easy to clean
- Offers great value for the price
- Mold is soft and flexible
- Easy to remove the set soaps with a simple push
- Is too floppy and hence is slightly difficult to handle.
3. Baker Depot Silicone Mold
This 100% silicone mold is heat resistant and is perfect for making soaps, jellies, mousse, bread, chocolate, and more.
The cavities are shaped like roses, which will make for some truly darling creations. This mold has also been designed a bit soft so that it is easy to de-mold your soaps (or any other creation).
Owing to the superb flexibility of this mold, it would be best to place it in a flat baking tray for convenience. It is easy to clean the mold. You can simply put it in a dishwasher or you can clean it manually using a mild liquid soap.
- Made from premium grade silicone
- 100 percent heat resistant
- Can be used for making soaps, mousse, cakes, jellies, bread, chocolates, and more
- Mold is extremely soft and hence easy to un-mold
- Can be used in microwave ovens, refrigerators
- Can be cleaned easily in a dishwasher
- You can make beautiful rose-shaped soaps and other items
- Super flexible mold
- Is super flimsy and hence has to be put on a baking tray while using.
4. The Silly Pops Soap Molds
If you enjoy the process of making soaps at home, then this mold would truly make a great addition to your collection.
This large silicone mold is practical yet cute at the same time. This soap mold features six cavities and features unique patterns that render beautiful designs on your soap.
This mold has been made with safe material. Food-grade, high-quality silicone has been used for designing the mold. It is cold and heat-resistant. It is also sturdy enough to provide hassle-free service for a long time.
The best thing about this mold is that it can be used for plenty of purposes. You can make not only soaps from it but also use it for making jellies, cake and more. Its flexibility makes it easier to use and also push out molded soaps. Moreover, it is also easy to clean.
If you are looking for a great gift idea for someone who loves making homemade soaps, then you wouldn’t go wrong with this mold set. This beautiful mold will make the ultimate gift for any creative person.
- Cute and practical large silicone soap mold
- Comes with six cavities featuring unique patterns
- Made from high-quality silicone which is also food grade
- Resistant to heat and cold and hence can be used in a refrigerator and oven
- Can be used for making jellies, cakes, and more
- Is flexible and features a non-stick surface
- Easy to clean and store
- Rectangle soap mold free from harmful chemicals
- Would make a perfect gift for crafters
- Flexible yet sturdy product
- Imprints are too small.
5. ZYTJ Silicone Soap Molds
This soap making tool is a great mold for beginners. It is extremely flexible which makes the entire process quite convenient.
It is great for making small batches of soap. If your main concern is safety, then you wouldn’t be disappointed with this mold.
It is made from high-quality silicone material and has no harmful chemicals. These have been built to last. It is also temperature-safe and quite robust. It has a perfect followed by a large capacity.
The soap mold is quite deep and can make about eight 2 ¼ cut bars. Cleaning up this mold is a breeze. The wooden box ensures that the bar retains its shape and cools down slowly for a smoother texture. This product is also backed by a lifetime guarantee by the makers.
- Great mold for beginners
- The silicone mold is extremely flexible
- Used in cold, hot, and melt-and-pour soap making processes
- Ideal for working on a small batch
- Made from superior grade silicone
- Free from harmful chemicals and safe to use
- Soap can be removed from the mold quite easily
- Easy to clean
- The set comprises of silicone mold, cutter, wavy cutter, and a wood box
- Backed by a lifetime warranty by the makers
- If you want truly rectangular bars then shaving or beveling would be needed as there is slack between the side of the wood and silicone.
Can These Soap Molds Be Used For Candles, Too?
Yes. You can use these for making candles as silicone is resistant to high temperatures. You can conveniently pour melted wax into the cavities for making cute candles at home.
Can These Soap Molds Be Used in the Oven?
Yes. You can use the molds in an oven for baking purposes. However, you need to make sure that the temperature doesn’t exceed 230 degrees, or check the manufacturer’s instructions to know the maximum heat-resisting capability of the particular mold that you are using.
Are These Molds Big Enough For Small Figures?
Not all molds are big enough for putting small figures. You can check the dimensions of the mold to decide if you can go ahead with it or not.
Up Next: The Best Lye For Soapmaking